Whether or not your current HVAC system could use an efficiency upgrade or is broken beyond repair, we all need to purchase a new AC system at least once in our lives. Purchasing a new air conditioning and heating system is an important investment that requires research in order to ensure you’re getting the most bang for your buck. Part of that research will include how much you can expect to spend on a new AC system and the answer is… it depends! Below you can find out more about what factors can influence the price point you can expect to pay for your new system.
There are three major factors that influence an AC system cost:
- The unit itself – this is the cost of the actual unit and equipment that you’re purchasing or financing.
- The labor – this is the cost for the time and labor your HVAC tech is taking to ensure a proper installation.
- Additional needed services – it may also be time for added cleanings, repairs and replacements while your technician is giving your home a thorough inspection. Things such as duct cleanings or a thermostat replacement may be essential in maximizing your new system’s efficiency. Warranties are another factor that normally increase the cost by thousands of dollars. However, Dilmak Air is offering FREE 10 Year Parts and Labor Warranties on all qualifying York systems until December 31!
What are the factors that can increase my cost?
- The size of your home – the size of your AC is dependent on the size of your home. If you have a larger home, your home will require a larger system to efficiently cool or heat your home.
- Minimum SEER requirements – a SEER rating indicates how efficient your system will be. The higher the SEER rating, the more efficient the system. Higher SEER ratings may cost more but could save you more on your electricity bills in the long run.
- Added features – you can choose to add additional features and services to truly customize your home’s comfort, such as zoning controls, indoor air quality accessories, air balancing, or extended warranties. Discuss your specific comfort concerns with our trusted technicians so we can explain your options and our recommendations.
If you’re receiving exact quotes from contractors or online sources on how much it should cost you, it’s best not to trust those who haven’t inspected your home in person. Without knowing your needs and the factors listed above, it’s impossible to gauge. Let us take care of evaluating your home and giving you an accurate FREE quote – call Dilmak Air today 210-649-3333!